Environmental Chemistry in Science
Environmental chemistry is the branch of science domains where we study abiotic, biotic, energy components, and chemical elements of the ecosystem of our environment which responsible for the origin and conservation of our life. Therefore, to study environmental chemistry courses, we need to know about the major components like air, water, soil, and sunlight in our ecosystem. This environmental component divided into three main types which are, Abiotic, Biotic, and Energy components in chemical science. Now the earth’s environment and air become heated due to trapping of electromagnetic radiation (IR-radiation) by the greenhouse effect. The soil component also polluted by acid rain or excess uses of the wrong acid fertilizer.
Abiotic, Biotic and Energy Components of Environment
- Any non-living component used in our ecosystem known as abiotic components. Thus sunlight, oxygen and nitrogen gas, temperature, pH scales of acid and bases, and water is the non-living science factors present in our environment. These are present in the lithosphere.
- The study of living components of our environment is known as biotic. Thus plants, animals including man are the abiotic factors present in our environment.
- Energy components are globally leading end-to-end hydrocarbon for production and transport to sales for revenue generation. Hence these include solar energy, geochemical, chemical energy, hydroelectric, and nuclear power.
Elements Responsible for the Origin of Life
Origin of life on earth timeline 3 billion years ago after changes in our environment. In 1953 Miller and Urey showed that lighting discharges through a mixture of methane gas, water and ammonia, and hydrogen. Therefore, it produces a significant amount of amino acids which is the essential product of the life cycle.
Abelson showed that solar photon particle acts on CO, CO2, N2, and a small amount of HCN. But glycine, adenine, and other biological chemistry significant products formed by the chemical reaction of HCN and other biological factors. Therefore these compounds undergo a series of chemical complex evaluations over millions of years to produce living organisms.
Photosynthesis appeared approximately 2.5 billion years ago in the earth’s atmosphere. Therefore, our earth becomes gradually reach with dioxygen and sustains the aerobic of life. These diverse biological process of today has largely developed with this form of life.
Ecosystem in Environmental Science
The existence of animals, plants, and microorganisms or biotic component living organisms and abiotic or non-living material which may be inorganic CO2, N2, sulfur, and phosphorus or organic protein and carbohydrates and climate factors like heat and humidity termed as the ecosystem.
- Thus an ecosystem is the coexistence of the population of all species of living, nonliving live together in a particular area.
- An ecosystem is the living organism’s presence in his physical environment.
- In other words, ecosystems are different types and sizes of the community namely marine, aquatic, or terrestrial. Therefore the marine life in the ecosystem present in sea and ocean. These balancing the living organisms in the sea and non-living organisms in a seawater environment.
- The law of energy conservation follows in every ecosystem by conservation of matter into free energy.
Environmental Conservation Study in Science
The main aim of environmental science to studies of pollution of our environment and remedial measures the necessity to free it from this pollution. The substances present in the air, water, and soil and adverse effects on human beings, animals, and plants are called pollution. Therefore, to save our environment from this pollution we need to recycle household wastage, sewage, garbage, and much toxic industrial wastage.
Therefore the study of green chemistry was introduced in 1990 for protecting our environment from toxic elements used in or daily life. The production of substances of daily use by chemical reactions neither employ toxic chemicals nor release toxic elements in the atmosphere. Hence the effort has been made by use chemicals from various chemical reactions. In the presence of ultraviolet emission spectrum, sound waves, microwaves, and chemical catalysts (enzyme) harmful for our environmental conservation.