Environmental Chemistry in Science
Environmental chemistry is the branch of science domains where we study abiotic, biotic, energy components, and chemical elements of the ecosystem of our environment which responsible for the origin and conservation of our life. Therefore, for learning chemistry of our environment, we need to know about the major components like air, water, soil, and sunlight in our ecosystem. This environmental chemistry component divided into three main types which are, Abiotic, Biotic, and energy components in chemical science. Now the earth’s environment and air become heated or polluted due to the trapping of electromagnetic spectrum radiation (IR-radiation) by the greenhouse effect. The soil component also polluted by acid rain or excess uses of the wrong acid fertilizer produces mainly from nitric acid and sulfuric acid.
Abiotic Biotic Energy Components of Environmental Science
- Any non-living environmental chemistry component used in our ecosystem known as abiotic components. Hence sunlight, oxygen and nitrogen gas, temperature, pH scales of acid solution and base, and water are the non-living environmental chemistry factors present in our environment. These are present in the lithosphere.
- The study of living components of our environment in environmental chemistry is known as biotic factors. Thus plants, animals including man are the biotic factors present in our environment.
- Energy components in environmental chemistry are globally leading end-to-end hydrocarbon for production and transport to sales for revenue generation. Hence these include solar energy, geochemical, chemical energy, hydroelectric, and nuclear power.
Elements Responsible for the Origin of Life
Origin of life on earth timeline 3 billion years ago after changes in our environment. In 1953 Miller and Urey showed that lighting discharges through a mixture of methane gas, water and ammonia, and hydrogen produces significant amino acid for our earth. Therefore, it produces a significant amount of amino acids which is the essential product of the life cycle.
Abelson showed that solar photon particle acts on carbon dioxide, nitrogen, and a small amount of hydrogen cyanide. But glycine, adenine, and other biological chemistry significant products formed by the chemical bonding of hydrogen cyanide and other biological environmental factors. Therefore these chemistry compounds undergo a series of chemical complex evaluations over millions of years to produce environmental living organisms.
Photosynthesis in environmental chemistry appeared approximately 2.5 billion years ago in the earth’s atmosphere. Therefore, our earth becomes gradually reach with dioxygen and sustains the aerobic of life. These diverse biological process of today has largely developed with this form of life.
Ecosystem in Environmental Chemistry
The existence of animals, plants, and microorganisms or biotic component living organisms and abiotic or non-living material which may be inorganic carbon dioxide, nitrogen, sulfur, and phosphorus and organic protein, carbohydrate molecule, and climate factors like specific heat and humidity termed as the ecosystem.
- The ecosystem is the coexistence of the population of all species of living, nonliving live together in a particular area.
- An ecosystem is the living organism’s presence in his physical environment.
- In other words, ecosystems are different types and dimensions of the community namely marine, aquatic, or terrestrial. Therefore, marine life in the ecosystem present in the sea and ocean. These marine life balancing the living organisms in the sea and non-living organisms in a seawater environment.
- The law of energy conservation follows in every ecosystem by conservation of matter into free energy.
Environmental Conservation Study in Chemistry
The main aim of environmental science or chemistry domains to studies of pollution of our environment and remedial measures the necessity to free it from this pollution. The substances present in the air, water, and soil and adverse effects on animals and plants are called pollutants. Therefore, to save our environment from this pollution we need to recycle household products. These include wastage, sewage, garbage, and much toxic industrial wastage.
Therefore the study of green chemistry was introduced in 1990 for protecting our environment from toxic environmental elements used in or daily life. The production of some substances produces from the oxidation of daily uses chemical reactions are toxic. Hence we need to decrease the release of toxic chemicals in the atmosphere. Hence the effort has been made by use chemicals from various oxidation reactions. In the presence of the ultraviolet emission spectrum, sound waves, microwaves, and chemical catalysts (enzyme) harmful in environmental chemistry conservation.